Sunday, February 28, 2010

Where's Panchi?

So I was walking home from school a couple of weeks ago and ran into my roommate, Megan. We chatted and Megan said to me "Hey, Loles" (our madre) "bought a new fish...and a pet bird." For any normal person, this wouldn't be a big deal. But I hate birds. I'm really rather afraid of them. They're so twitchy and I hate the noise their wings make when they flap them frantically. It makes me very nervous. So really, this was like a nightmare come true for me. I acted excited when I got home and Loles showed me the new pet, although I was sort of grossed out. AND THEN she told me that she wanted him to become accustomed to sitting on her finger and FLYING AROUND THE LIVING ROOM. Basically, my worst nightmare came true.

College has taught me how to deal with my surroundings, so I've just been avoiding the living room for the most part. I occasionally say "Hi Panchi" and that's that. Today, however, I came home and Loles was sitting with the door wide open in the living room. She asked me if I knew where Panchi was. I most certainly did not know where Panchi was. I'm always very careful to keep all the doors to the living room closed so that a tiny green bird doesn't show up under my covers when I pull them back at night. So this nightmare got even worse.

Although, never fear, Panchi has been found! Loles' boyfriend found him sitting in the vines next to his cage. Although I believe the doors to the living room are still open, so Panchi could escape at any moment. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment