Friday, February 5, 2010

Tid Bits

I feel as though I have very little to post. I've started settling in here and I'm becoming more accustomed to things, but I'm going to fill you guys in on some little things.

Parking here is quite the adventure. I don't know if it's a Spain thing, or a Valencia thing, or just a city thing in general, but here's how it works...
If there's a parking spot along the street, you park there. If there's not, you park someone in. Sounds like hell, right? I'm pretty sure that would NEVER fly in the US. But here's how they do it. When you need to leave and you're parked in, you just honk your horn like mad crazy until the other person comes out to move their car. OR that person has left their car in neutral so that you can just push it aside.

Did I mention yet that there are dogs everywhere? Well here it is. There are dogs everywhere. I think 85% of Valencia has a pet dog (I made up that statistic, but it's probably pretty close). The dogs are everywhere and so is their poop. It's all over the sidewalks, especially in the evening (because that's when people walk their dogs), so if you make a trip to EspaƱa, watch your step.

Yesterday while I was walking home from class, waiting for the light to change at the crosswalk, a woman asked me a question. I told her I didn't know the answer, but then I realized what she asked me (how to get to the Ayora metro station) and I realized that I knew the answer! So I told her how to get there and she really seemed to understand me!
Just a few things y'all should know.

2 comments:

  1. there is puppy poo everywhere here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog!

    OMG SAME IN DENMARK! I have seen signs in parks though telling people to pick up after their dogs, but it's still all over the sidewalk!

    ReplyDelete